Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fate can be a fickle mistress...

Picked up 2 old games from a yard sale today for $5. 1 is quite a remarkable find and the other is common.

The common one is a copy of Atari Anthology for the PS2.

The remarkable one is a copy of Soul Calibur for the SEGA Dreamcast.

This Dreamcast disc has a lot of scratches on the play side and it may not play right. I can't test it because, as fate would have it, I sent the Dreamcast (and LOTS of other old systems I've acquired in the last few months) back home to Louisiana. Even if it doesn't work, I don't really care. The way I look at it, I bought a good classics collection on PS2 for a dirt cheap price and got an old Dreamcast classic for free. I do hope that it works, though. The Soul Calibur games are some of the only fighting games that I have ever really enjoyed.

Also, the PS2 game came in handy to test if this PS3 that I recently bought has backward compatibility with its predecessor. Sadly, it does not.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment