Friday, July 12, 2013

The Kremlin goes back to using Typewriters...

In an effort to make sure no one can hack their computers, the Russians are apparently decided to just not use them anymore and go back to typewriters. I have to admit that actually is a pretty good way to maintain some ridiculous level of security on whatever you want kept secret. It will make things even less efficient but, Governments aren't necessarily supposed to be efficient anyway.

Plus, I like simple, low-tech solutions to complex problems. It always makes me laugh when I see the so-called 'smart' people get dumbfounded when they see someone defeat their complex security regimen with a simple trick. Remember when music pirates and hackers figured out that you could defeat the security on CD's from Sony's music labels by drawing a black line along the edge with a Sharpie marker? That was hysterical to me.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment