Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Various rants about game consoles...


Saw this pic on Facebook earlier tonight and it gave me several thoughts...



1.) Actually, it's not difficult at all. I've already decided that M$ will NOT be getting my money in the next console generation. I don't like what they tried to pull with all the DRM shit until gamers cried foul on them.

2.) Who the Hell actually pre-orders their game consoles from Target? I did not know they even did pre-orders...

3.) Who the Hell is going to pre-order/purchase an XBOX ONE after all the shit Microsoft tried to pull earlier?

4.) I have not made any decisions on PS4 except to wait and see what happens. Chances are good the initial price at launch will be quite ridiculous... It certainly was for PS3...

5.) I can already hear a lot of 'graphics whores' foaming at the mouth right now because of my 'wait and see' decision...

To their inevitable 'but teh grafficks!!1!' complaint/argument/statement/whatever, I have only one retort, and I made it easy on them by putting it in picture form...



































We are long passed the point where graphics still make or break a console. That came to an end with the 6th generation of home consoles and since then, it has been about ONLY the gameplay and the controls to me.

BTW, I have the new 2013 version of Tomb Raider. I haven't played it a whole lot yet but, what I have seen so far, looks quite amazing to me. I'll do a review (of sorts) after spending more time playing that game.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment