Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nintendo 1DS?... WTF? What a nasty trick to play on unsuspecting gamers!

First, that 2DS thing is announced and now this... 1DS thing is being marketed.

http://www.nintendo1ds.com/

Is this a joke? If so, Then, I think they should have waited until April Fool's Day... When I saw this site, I thought to myself... "Nintendo, why are you wasting money on this shit when you should be focusing on selling more WiiU consoles?"

And as it turns out, my internal Bullshit detector was right. It is a joke. I found this text near the bottom of the page confirming my suspicions...

*Not actually a real device or price. See dreams for details.
Glad to know that Nintendo hasn't completely lost their senses and decided to market their own version of an iPod Touch that only plays DS games and 3DS games without 3D capabilities...

That being said, I am getting awfully tired of numerous variations of the same console/portable being released so very often. I know that precedent was started by Atari with the Video Computer System (later re-named Atari 2600) having five different versions released in its 14+ years of life on the market but, do you really want to emulate Atari in that way and create brand confusion? In the end, doing that didn't help Atari. Simply put...



- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment