Sunday, November 17, 2013

About PlayStation consoles and backward compatibility...

I was doing some online research to see if I had any PS1 games that didn't work with PS2. I don't. There are only 2 titles for PS1 that I would want that aren't compatible with PS2 and I already have the N64 version of one of those games. However, during my research, I discovered that all PS3 consoles, regardless of whether they had backward compatibility with PS2 or not, still play PS1 games. The PS3 also sets up a virtual memory card for you on the internal HDD. That is freakin' awesome. :)

And what was the first PS1 title I tried on my PS3? What else...



http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196540-a-collection-of-activision-classic-games-for-the


Some would probably say that my Atari obsession is getting out of hand. It's easy to see why since I have collected 5 of the 2600 console, numerous copies of the Flashback machines and more than 100 cartridges for the 2600 alone. Not to mention the 5200, 7800 and Jaguar stuff that I own... Hell, I drove 4 hours each way to a game store in New Jersey yesterday just to get more old Atari games. (There will be a blog about that tomorrow.) However, those people just don't understand collectors. There's also a longer list of PS1 games (and a few PS2 titles) that won't work with my PS2 Slim but, I don't care. I don't own any of them and I never will.


This doesn't mean that I'm going to get rid of that PSOne that I recently acquired for $20. However, it does mean that I don't have to have so many consoles plugged into a TV at the same time. That is a semi-big deal since I'm living in what is basically a studio apartment right now. However, that will change soon.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment