Sunday, December 1, 2013

Random thoughts for 1 Dec 2013

It's been a while since I did a 'Random Thoughts' type of note for a blog or Facebook Note so, here we go...

1.) About Sesame Street... Of all things...


- Yeah... I'm not letting future children of mine watch that crap. The show has been pussified since I watched it as a child in the 1980's.

- Elmo needs to go. Period. His character offers NOTHING of value to the show.

- Cookie Monster doesn't even eat cookies anymore! They have him eating vegetables instead. WTF? There was a reason why Cookie Monster was always trying to get cookies like a Junkie looking for that next hit. It's because HE WAS DESIGNED TO BE A JUNKIE. That way, kids know what a Junkie looks like and who they should avoid. Or, that's my theory anyway...

- I hear they also got rid of the Count. Again, WTF? How are kids going to learn to count numbers now? Pay attention in Pre-K? (You think I'm joking but, I'm not. Have you ever known a child of 4 years or younger to have much of an attention span?)

- No, I don't care if some kids supposedly were afraid of The Count, either. He's just a God-damned puppet! Tell that whiny little bitch of a kid to sack up and learn to deal. In fact, it is NEVER to early to tell kids to sack up and deal. The sooner they learn, the less this world will be able to fuck with them. Better yet, have the Count smack them around a little. I strongly suspect that he was always dressed as a pimp (cane, cape, monocle, et al.) for damned good reason.

-----------

2.) About auto repairs...

- $626.78 after 15% discount via coupon. That is what it cost me to have my brakes serviced today. Good thing that I save my money for just this sort of occasion, huh? Apparently, there was more issues than just the pads and rotors on the front end needing replacement, like I thought. However, this is the first time I've had to mess with those front brakes since 2006 so, I got my money's worth out of them.

- Better yet, the new ones are some of those 'lifetime' brakes that supposedly outlast the vehicle. I guess we shall see about that one...

- Now that I think of it, I was also probably paying for the convienence of having a good mechanic available on the weekend... And a holiday weekend at that... Whatever. It was worth it just to make sure my vehicle is in top condition. Bad brakes and winter weather conditions in Yankee-land is NOT a good combination. Besides, it's Christmas time. My truck deserves a present for being so good to me this year... And every other year I have had the vehicle. [/Screw Imports!]

- No, I didn't put off these repairs. The brakes didn't start acting/feeling weird until I drove back to my residence from work last Wednesday afternoon.

-----------

3.) About all the new video games I have been acquiring as of late...

- PS3 games are practically being given away on Amazon. When various titles in the God of War franchise are being sold for $20 or less, then you know that the idiots who adopt new consoles early have depressed the market for the older consoles. The same can be applied to other hit PlayStation franchises like Ratchet & Clank and great 3rd party titles like Mortal Kombat. Works for me. Now I get to add those last few PS3 titles I wanted to my collection for next to nothing... I picked a great time to get into PS3. :)

- Got the new Mario game on WiiU. Something tells me that I am about to spend a LOT more time with my WiiU as well. :)

- Got the new Zelda game for 3DS. At the risk of sounding entirely too ghetto for a White Boy, that game is on point, son! The only reason I'm not playing it right now is because my 3DS needs to recharge. That is how good that game is, kids. I damned near drained the battery in my 3DS playing that game earlier today while waiting on my truck.

- Also, I think I might be better at Zelda games than I remembered. I haven't had to look at the game guide I bought for it yet and I've already knocked out several dungeons. This game does give you hints to point you in the right direction but, that hardly matters. The puzzles are still esoteric enough to make you think. I'm glad that I bought this game. VERY glad... :)

-----------

4.) About sometimes easily acquired (and surprisingly legal) POTENTIAL Weapons of Mass Destruction...

- So, I came across this link to a humorous list of 7 things you won't believe are legal on Cracked.com, via their Facebook page. Truthfully, I already knew about some of those things being legal, even if they weren't necessarily desirable. Why would I want to smoke Salvia? I can trip out and go into Lala-land, without having to smoke ANYTHING, at anytime that I want. That is just a part of the awesome beauty of having Asperger's Syndrome.  :)

- Anyway, I thought about the things I'd like to do with the items on that list that would be cool to have, even if I couldn't afford some of them. Namely, I'm lookin' at # 1, 2, 5 & 7. They are must-haves... ESPECIALLY 2 and 7...

- Ah, the beautiful havoc and awesome destruction I could unleash with those items... It just brings a wry smile and a tear of joy to this embittered soldier's face...

- No, I'm NOT planning anything nefarious. Don't start freaking out. I'm just chuckling at the thought of melting a few cars from Toyota (or just about any other import brand, really) with Thermite (1)... Set off by a Flamethrower (7)... After I turned it into a 'Bonnie and Clyde Special' with a freakin' Mini-Gun (2)... And then blast the rest to even smaller pieces with some Tannerite (5).

Combine that with some Pantera and you will have the most METAL YouTube video EVER.

\m/O_O\m/

-----------

And now that this is done, I'm going to take a nap. Like all old people who make the mistake of staying up late the night before, I am VERY tired.

- Lord Publius

2 comments: