Thursday, January 2, 2014

Random thoughts on New Year's Eve, gaming and other non-sense...

- New Year's came and went without me giving two shits. Holidays don't mean much of anything when just about everyone you'd want to spend a holiday with is a thousand miles away. I'm glad that I'm leaving my current job and heading home soon.

- I am not wasting time with Resolutions. No one ever keeps them and I don't need excuses like a new year to do anything or make changes.

- Got past Orxon (finally) on the original Ratchet & Clank (via the Ratchet and Clank Collection on PS3) last night. Only 7 more worlds to go before finishing the game... I think...

- Also made some progress in DOOM 3: BFG edition for PS3 as well. For a graphical upgrade/re-issue of a 2005 PC game with a few new levels, I'd have to say that the game is *quite* creepy so far... And I'm still not quite used to the controls yet but, that will change as I play the game more.

- The controls could use some work on the versions of DOOM 1 and 2 that were included on the disc. I'm also unhappy with Bethesda for changing some of the SFX and the graphic symbols on the medical kits in those old games too. Why was that necessary? Is a red and white pill really more symbolic of a medical kit than a red cross? Also, why does the music sound very tinny and off-key? I sure am glad that I still have the PC originals... [/kinda pointless gamer rant]

- I am really loving this PS3 that I got for a mere $60 but, I need to play with my Wii U and 3DS more, especially since I have the new Mario Game for Wii U and new Zelda game for 3DS. That changes tonight.

- I don't have to go to work today (Yay!) and it's also my birthday. So, I'll first head to Play Raven to see if they have any new stuff I can add to my collection as a birthday gift to myself. If not, it's no big deal. When I went last week, the place was pretty low on things that I didn't already have/would have actually wanted. However, they do have a hard copy of my 'want list' for Atari, Nintendo, SEGA and Sony consoles now. Anything can happen...

- Either way, I'm probably heading to Applebee's afterward to treat myself to a decent, non-microwave dinner. I wonder if they give service-member discounts on days that AREN'T Monday or Veteran's Day? Also, will they give me a free piece of cake for my birthday WITHOUT having all the store employees sing to me? I have hated that since Childhood. It's quite pretentious and just embarrasses me to witness it happen to other people. I'd imagine that it would be worse if I was on the receiving end. After all, it's not like anyone working there really cares that I managed to cheat the Reaper for yet another turn around the sun...

- Lord Publius

1 comment:

  1. Didn't go to Applebee's as planned due to bad weather. However, I did get a burger from Five Guys. :)

    And as for the stuff I got from Play Raven today...

    Super NES

    Super Pinball: Behind the Mask

    SEGA Dreamcast

    Soul Calibur

    PS2

    Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1
    Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2
    Flipnic Ultimate Pinball
    Midway Arcade Treasures 2
    Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    Namco Museum
    SEGA Classics Collection
    Spy Hunter
    Taito Legends

    XBOX

    Dr. Muto

    Pretty good score for one day... :)

    ReplyDelete