Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Pole Position challenge

One of my younger brothers and I have had a very long-standing rivalry over a particular classic arcade racing game: Pole Position. We have gone back and forth for years topping each other's high score. He swears he can beat me (and I am having a hard time NOT laughing as I type that) and I swear that he can't even compete with me. Unfortunately, no records were actually kept. So, I propose to end this dispute once and for all. As of this moment, I am issuing my younger brother a gaming challenge: Beat me in EVERY version of Pole Position and Pole Position II that I have in my massive game collection. Scores will be recorded with hand-written notes and screenshot pictures taken with a digital camera by a trusted 3rd party. The winner has bragging rights for all time.

The versions I have are as follows...

Pole Position

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Mattel Intellivision
Nintendo GameBoy Advance
Nintendo 64*
Nintendo GameCube*
Sony PS1*
Sony PS2*

* = The challenger can pick from N64, PS1, PS2 or GameCube since they are all a perfect arcade port in a Namco Museum title.

Pole Position II

Atari 7800
Nintendo GameCube*
Sony PS1*
Sony PS2*

* = The challenger can pick from GameCube, PS1 or PS2 since they are all a perfect arcade port in a Namco Museum title.

So, what do you say, little bro? Are you man enough to challenge me? Or, are you afraid that I will OWN your ass like Charlie Murphy playing Prince in a game of Basketball? :P

Here's a nice comparison video for those who are (sadly) not familiar with this classic arcade racer...




- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment