Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I'm going back into writing hardcore...

I have recently decided to get back into writing in the following ways:

1.) I'll finish a series of blog posts that I started ages ago...

I started a series on this blog about my misadventures in Advanced Individual Training for the Army years ago at Fort Gordon. It was called 'How I conquered TRADOC'. Part Zero was already posted on 24 May 2015. I will finish it since everything has already been written. It just needs some polish and to be posted.

2.) I'm going to finish that Sci-Fi novel I started years ago in 2011...

I recently joined a sci-fi writers group at a local library, looking to get a few more eyeballs on a sci-fi novel I started years ago but, never finished. It should help to make sure that I don't lose direction and end up with a story that meanders through one plot after another.

I first put this one aside because I didn't know where I wanted to take the story but, now I do. I got inspired by reading about some really weird ideas espoused by Physicists in the last 5 or 6 decades, things like Dyson Spheres, Matrioshka Brains, the Kardashev Scale and many others.

I found a lot of inspiration from old Atari arcade games too. Yes, I know that sounds weird. Yes, it will be quite a compelling drama. I just hope I can keep it from reading like a novel, TV episode or film from the Star Trek franchise. One of the reeasons why I put it aside for so long was because it was just too much like Star Trek. However, I think I've addressed that problem. Also, I realized one of the characters was a bit of a Mary Sue, despite not being all that young. So, he's going to need a bit of a re-write.

I won't reveal too much of the story's plot or its name because, I don't have an official one just yet. However, I can tell you the overall theme/moral lesson of the story: Don't poke the bear.

3.) I have started writing articles about video games for the website of an old friend called Fortis Core.

I'll be focusing on older games, for the most part. I was asked to join the group to be the 'wise old sage' of the group and focus on the classics. The first article should be posted soon.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment