Saturday, September 17, 2016

Random thoughts for 17 September 2016

0.) Happy Constitution Day!!!

1.) There has been a disturbance in The Force as of late...

For reasons I still don't fully understand, I have been a lot more attracted to blondes these past 2 weeks than usual. I suspect this has something to do with 2 hot blonde actresses that I like (i.e. Jennifer Lawrence and Melissa Benoist, the actress that plays the lead role in Supergirl) and that cute little 24 year-old nursing student that's my usual trainer at the gym.

2.) Make no mistake though, I am still just as obsessed with Redheads as ever. If Leanna Decker came to me and begged me to make her a happy wife and mother, I wouldn't say no. ;)

3.) I recently started a new job as a daily claims adjuster for an Independent Adjuster firm that I worked for in the past. So far, I'm just handling claims that people make against the local electric company. Most of them are easy denials but, I still give them full consideration. That way, when the claimant gets the denial, they can't say that I didn't even try to be fair to them.

I sure do hope this job goes well. I'm tired of being only sporadically employed and CONSTANTLY struggling to pay the bills...

Also, this job keeps me here at home. I don't just mean New Orleans I mean at home, handling the claims over the phone and internet with a laptop the company gave me. That ought to significantly cut down on my travel costs... :P

4.) Why is Firefox being such a crackhead? Am I going to have to get a new browser that DOESN'T suddenly take up all the system resources and freeze? Who cares if I have 20 tabs open (with most of them being YouTube videos) it should NOT be crashing in this modern age of superior open-source programming... *smh*

5.) No, I am not switching to Chrome. Google always wants me to sign into that shit and it is often just as much of a memory hog as Firefox. Sometimes much more depending on how many tabs you have open at once.*

* = Chrome has each tab run as its own process in Windows. This was meant to keep the whole browser from crashing if one freezes up for some reason. It doesn't always work well.

6.) I wonder if Opera would be worthwhile as a new main browser? Is it even still around? I know Nintendo uses Opera software for the web browsers in the Wii, Wii U and 3DS platforms. Would that be enough to keep them alive?

7.) Adobe Flash sucks. It should be replaced with HTML5 by ANYONE running an active website. I have spoken.

8.) I found an interesting article via Facebook tonight. It's about a Battalion commander getting removed for violating the Sexual Harassment and Equal Opportunity regulations.

"The investigation found Higgins committed multiple violations of the Army’s Sexual Harassment and Equal Opportunity regulations and policies, created a hostile work environment, and failed to treat subordinates with dignity and respect, according to the statement from the 1st Armored Division.

Officials from the 1st Armored Division later clarified that the Sexual Harassment policy violations cited in the investigation stemmed from inappropriate comments that created a hostile work environment, and there were no allegations of any inappropriate physical contact.
"

So, an old-school officer makes a few sex jokes and he gets fired... Okay...

I could swear that I've read about this dude somewhere before, years ago while I was still in the Army. The piece was essentially a biography of the guy in question, saying he was one of the most aggressive commanders we had in Afghanistan.

So, what really happened? Were the comments really that bad or is this a case of Political Correctness running amok? Either way, I think we are not being told the whole story.

9.) Found out that the new Star Trek show is being delayed until May.

I'm not upset by this delay at all. It will give them a chance to create a MUCH better product than what I've seen so far. Also, they didn't even have more than 3 or 4 scripts finished as of August. Getting a season's worth of episodes done in just 4 months would have been next to impossible.

10.) Haven't seen or heard anything out of that stalking shitbag in a while. I guess he got the message and took it to heart. Good for him.

11.) Speaking of Gingers that supposedly lack souls... I was thinking about the little red-haired girl from Korea again a few weeks ago. I have come to the conclusion that she was not in her right mind back in those days. Don't know if she got any better since I left her behind 5 years ago now but, I sure hope she did. Otherwise, her life is really going to suck in so many different ways.

12.) About talking point number 1... I recently watched all 20 episodes of the new Supergirl series on Netflix. I'm glad it's being renewed for a second season. I hope being moved from CBS to The CW doesn't kill its ratings like changes in time slot often kill a show's ratings.

13.) Bible Study started at church again this past Tuesday, this time studying the Acts of the Apostles. (Often referred to as 'the Book of Acts'). Straight away, it's proven insightful by explaining what 'Witnessing' actually meant.

It's definitely not the proselytizing, bible-thumping insanity from various religious fanatics that only drive people away from God. It's just answering questions about God, Jesus, the Bible, et al. whenever someone asks you about the subject. So, it's looks like I was witnessing many times over the years without ever being aware of the fact. Forget about mysterious ways, sometimes God works in some really low-key, seemingly sneaky ways. It's just a subliminal form of word-of-mouth advertising... How interesting...

14.) Why do the local Rock stations insist on cutting out about 15-30 seconds from the Ozzy Osbourne song No more tears? Even worse, why does it have to be from Zakk Wylde's guitar solo?! That is fucking BULLSHIT!!! Even the video on Ozzy's official YouTube page does it... Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!




15.) Ya know what else is awesome about working from home most of the time? I now have a LOT more free time. Unlike those damned call centers, I'm only expected to work 40 hours a week most of the time, as opposed to 60 hours. I can finally play video games on a regular basis again! Awesome!!! :)

That's all for now...

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment