Monday, June 17, 2013

About the NSA snooping around in our (once) private communications...

I just read a LONG list of keywords that will make the NSA curious about you. The ones that stuck out to me were 'Capricorn' and 'Tempest', of all things. So, I could either be talking about my star sign for some reason (probably while trying to score with a chick that believes in that crap) or an old Atari arcade game, one of Shakespeare's plays or the weather and then the NSA is going to think I'm a potential threat. Fucking idiots...

Sometimes, I suspect the only thing keeping any of our civil liberties safe is the fact that our government is woefully incompetent. Thank you VERY much to the Founding Fathers and Framers for building that into the system. Without it, we'd probably be slaves right now.

Still, George Orwell warned us and too many of us didn't listen. Our one-time protectors are quickly becoming the Thought Police. These are very frightening times. I'm sure the NSA would try to deny this but, the days where I would even consider trusting Uncle Sam are long gone. (Assuming that such a thing was ever really possible.)

Also, Ozzy Osbourne proved quite sage-like when he talked about this in one of his songs entitled Rock and Roll Rebel... all the way back in 1983. That means that 30 years ago someone who was often stoned out of his mind could still see the potentially dangerous future. How did so many of the rest of us not see it coming for ourselves? Just read the lyrics for yourself to see what I mean...

"They couldn't see what I thought would be so obvious
They hide behind the laws they make for all of us
The ministry of truth, that deals with pretense
The ministry of peace, that sits on defense
I'm washing my hands of what they're trying to do
It's a me, It's a me, It's a you, It's a you

I'm just a rock n' roll rebel
I'll tell you no lies
They say I worship the devil
They must be stupid or blind
I'm just a rock n' roll rebel

They live a life of fear and insecurity
And all you do is pay for their prosperity
The ministry of fear, that won't let you live
The ministry of grace, that doesn't forgive
Do what you will to try and make me conform
I'll make you wish that you had never been born

'Cause I'm a rock n' roll rebel
I'll do what I please
Yes I'm a rock n' roll rebel
And I'm as free as the breeze
I'm just a rock n' roll rebel

They'll try playin' with your hearts
They know it rules your head
If they could read between the lines
You know they'd see the real face

God only knows why they couldn't see the obvious
Is it because they manifest the incubus?
The ministry of war, that got caught in the draft
The ministry of joy, that still hasn't laughed
When it's boiled down and the day's at an end
I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend

'Cause I'm a rock n' roll rebel
I'll tell you no lies
They say I worship the devil
Why don't they open their eyes?
I'm just a rock n' roll rebel
A rock n' roll rebel
I'm just a rock n' roll rebel"

SOURCE OF LYRICS: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/o/ozzy+osbourne/rock+n+roll+rebel_10198281.html

And if a 30 year old Heavy Metal song is just too much for your delicate sensibilities to handle, how about a quote from one of the most beloved of all the Founding Fathers...

"They who can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

And that right there should say it all.

Life itself is inherently dangerous and Government will never be able to keep you completely safe. In the end, you are always on your own. So, protect yourself instead of depending on them. All they are likely to do is let you down and take away from your God-given civil liberties in the process. As the Founders would say if they were hear with us today, Government may be a necessary evil but it is still quite EVIL.

Don't trust them. Don't give them an inch of wiggle room because they'll just take a mile instead. Don't believe claims they make without strong evidence that can be verified as accurate. And finally, ALWAYS remember that nothing will ever threaten the American people more than their own Government. As the NSA spying scandal shows, it doesn't even matter if it's through legitimate malice or just sheer incompetence.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment