Thursday, March 27, 2014

TRYING to delete Google+

I am starting to get VERY pissed off with Google.

Like anyone else that uses Gmail for anything, I have been maneuvered/forced to get a damned Google+ account. I tried to get rid of it a few minutes ago. It's not difficult but, it does come with a few caveats.

According to this help page, you can't get rid of an unwanted Google+ account without also getting rid of various other Google services. Those 'services' include things like your Gmail address and YouTube account. I don't recall this site saying anything about my blog here but, I wouldn't be surprised if that got disabled too. So, basically, they are trying to force you to use Google+, whether you want it or not. Yeah, like that is actually going to happen...

That being said, you can still disable EVERYTHING on the account with the link I just provided. That makes it invisible to everyone but you. I consider that to be valuable since it keeps people from trying to add me to their circles, whatever that is... More often than not, it's either someone I don't know or someone I stopped talking to years ago for a very good reason. The last thing I want is some crazy ex looking to cyberstalk me on Google+ after I've already blocked her psycho ass on Facebook, MySpace or whatever other social media might someday exist.

Google, If you think you are untouchable, just remember this:

1.) Yahoo does offer free web-based e-mail addresses and an excellent search engine. They were around long before you and they will still be around long after you've self-destructed.

2.) Vimeo is also proving to be an excellent alternative to YouTube for posting web videos.

3.) I got rid of Windows and the Office Suite, replacing them with FREE Linux software that comes with no caveats at all. All it took was a few hours of my time. It's quite easy to use when you get the right distribution. I can even play my old computer games made for DOS or Windows on that platform using programs like DOSBox and WINE. If I can find a way to flip Microsoft the digital finger, I can do it to you too.

I can tell you goodbye. Is that what you want? I'm already quite pissed at you for your involvement in the NSA-PRISM scandal. And now, you are trying to force something on me that I quite clearly DO NOT WANT. What the fuck?! I use your software apps because you're supposed to be the best. Now, you're acting like I'm your bitch instead of your customer. That's a good way to put yourself out of business, dumbass.

Google, you're starting to become almost as much of an ASSHOLE as Microsoft. The only reason you're not yet is because you don't (yet) sell any consumer products that you know to be flawed. As I have heard in so many weekend safety briefings during my years in the Army, don't be that guy.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment