Saturday, March 14, 2015

Why I truly despise the music of Adele

I really, really fucking HATE the music of Adele. I really don't ever want to hear another single song from Adele EVER again, with the theme song she did for the 007 movie Skyfall being the only exception. I can't deny a track from a James Bond flick.

Anyway, I hate that woman's music because I once worked in an Army installation that played her music entirely too damned much. The place played XM on the PA system in the halls. They routinely played either a classical station or a channel called 'The Blend'. The classical music was fine. I can't deny beautiful music that has withstood the centuries without losing its power over the Human soul. The Blend, however, played Adele so much you'd think it was their Crack.

Anyway, during a battalion meeting with the Battalion Commander and Command Sergeant Major, they asked for suggestions on how to improve the work environment. I suggested that they change the radio station to something else. I remember clearly saying 'Would it kill you to put on some Classic Rock or something that DOESN'T suck?'

My co-workers would bring this up in the future as well, claiming that I also stated that NOT changing the radio station could 'cause someone to 55th themselves.' That was a reference to the 55th Combat Camera company, our sister company in the battalion, which just recently had one of its soldiers commit suicide. Pretty fucked up thing to joke about but, a soldier's humor can get VERY twisted.

I don't remember saying this but, it wouldn't surprise me if I did. It's just the sort of sick twisted shit that I was known for among my friends in the unit. There are no sacred cows when it comes to what I will make jokes about, except child molestation and rape NOT involving a clown on the receiving end (*tee hee*) of the punishment. It was also not the last time I'd express a strong opinion at a unit meeting/training session.

I have to admit that I was chuckling while writing this quick little note, even though there is NOTHING funny about suicide at all. I probably need a LOT more help than anyone knows. Pray for me, children...

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment