Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Response to 'Imagine What It's Like To Live With High-Functioning Autism'




My mother sent me this video over Facebook. Here's my response to what it says...

1.) I don't like Florescent lights. After a while, they cause me to have eye strain and headaches. I know that NT's often have that same problem. Why are those lights even used? Are they more energy efficient than ordinary light bulbs? How about CFL's and LED's?

2.) I can read facial expressions pretty well. It's rare that I have that problem.

3.) I can focus on an individual voice in a crowd without much difficulty.

4.) I find showers to be quite enjoyable.

5.) School could be a pain in the ass at times... Especially when that 'school' is really a football-worshiping cult... Do your kids a favor, folks. DON'T send them to a religious school, especially if that school makes a LOT of money from their athletic department.

6.) Has sarcasm ever really been a problem for me? I thought that was my preferred method of communication for a lot of years... :P

7.) Living in a strange, chaotic and hostile world? So, basically, what they are describing here is 'feeling like a perpetual immigrant' or a 'Stranger in a Strange Land.' I know that feeling all too well... I'm pretty sure that's how all Aspies feel when dealing with a world setup for NT's. As crazy as we seem to you, you often seem quite crazy to us too. After all, don't you people regularly allow your hearts to override your brain? That's why God created Aspies. We are the ones who developed all the trappings of civilization (Language, agriculture, mathematics, science, et al.) and keep it moving forward. And it would have progressed a LOT further if we didn't constantly have to fix whatever you NT's broke.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment