Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Strange Dreams

I had a particularly interesting nightmare in my last sleep cycle. For whatever reason, I was at the Esplanade Mall in Kenner (Yes, the same one I talked about in the last post) doing some people watching and interacting with real-life friends. I should have known it was just a dream right then and there because one was a High School classmate and the other was an Army buddy. Those two have never met in real life. That, and having significant crowds at a shopping mall these days is kind a weird in and of itself. Especially since it's not Christmas yet...

Anyway, I decide to ditch the line for some (apparently) really popular night club that was there called 'Club Disney.' Yes, it was based on the cartoons and films of the Disney corporation. No, there weren't any people dressed in costumes made the resemble Disney characters. As I'm walking back to the main hallway of the mall, an announcement comes onto the PA system. A voice announces that a small nuclear device had just detonated in New Orleans and we were being told to evacuate the mall. (Nevermind the fact that it probably would have been better to shelter in place until the radiation blew away...) We were then told to avoid any clouds that left a brown shadow on the ground because that was radiation from the bomb. We were also told those brown clouds would cause instant death. Yes, I know that's not how fallout radiation actually works but, that is what happened in the dream.

So, I start booking it for the exit, fighting crowds, Once outside, I start dodging the brown clouds and seeing people not getting out of the way in time. Almost instantly, those poor souls looked like leftovers that just got nuked in the microwave. I make it to my truck and hop inside just before a brown cloud passes VERY close to the vehicle. I then crank the engine and haul ass out of there, possibly hitting a few people in the process. That is where the dream ends.

That is easily the scariest dream I've had in a few weeks. I thought that dream I had about 2 weeks ago with a Xenomorph chasing Sonic the Hedgehog was weird but, this one is sooooo much more messed up...

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment