Friday, June 21, 2013

I have acquired the PS3...

This is a continuation of a story started in a previous post, which you can see here.

I sampled the wares earlier tonight and decided that $60 for this 160GB Original Model was a good deal. The co-worker of mine sold it because he had upgraded to a 320GB PS3 Slim some time ago. He decided on $60 for a sale price because that's all GameStop would have given him. He might have been able to make more if he sold it on eBay or something but, that's not my problem. (heh heh heh...)

He decided to part with the one PS3 controller he had left and just buy another. He also provided a game in the form of The Amazing Spider-Man. I played the game as part of my test of the hardware, along with 3 others that we borrowed from someone else. It seems to be fun enough. I guess I can keep it for a while before deciding whether or not I want to re-sell it to someone. That's not too terribly likely since I don't trade/re-sell many games.

Anyway, the console has been cleaned up inside and out, reformatted and it has officially been assimilated into the collective consciousness that is my home network.

Now to find some of those games mentioned in the last post (and a new controller or two) at a GameStop or second-hand store instead of buying new stuff... I can afford new stuff but, why not try to cut the costs a little? Also, I plan to add Soul Calibur IV to the list of games for this console. Any fighting game where I can play as Darth Vader is likely to kick some serious ass.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment