Monday, July 1, 2013

Current Standards...

I probably should have included this in that last post of mine, even if it would have made a fairly long post even longer. I did mention that I had standards but, never elaborated. I just said that they were rather specific. So, since I know some people are wondering what my standards are after reading that last post, here they are...

1.) Loyalty

Loyalty is a must. That just doesn't refer to relationship fidelity, either. It also means not unfairly criticizing me for whatever reason or nagging me to the point where I want to drink. I should not have to wonder if you are on my side or not.

Also, if you must criticize something I say, do or believe, PLEASE try to be tactful. I would do the same for you and anyone else.

2.) At least a high school degree, if not a college degree. The more education, the better.

I like having educated, intellectual conversations. The language doesn't necessarily have to be really sophisticated but, being able to think for yourself and communicate is absolutely critical.

3.) Not a Drama Queen or a two-faced Bitch.

Gossip might be okay but, I have to admit that such activity bores me. Being two-faced or any kind of bigot will not be tolerated. After having so many people treat me like I was less than Human over the years, I can guarantee that I won't tolerate that kind of behavior out of anyone in my inner circle.

4.) Not any type of Drug Addict or a Drunk...

I don't want to deal with these things. It creates Drama. This includes abusing prescription drugs. I do realize that this can happen even against someone's will. A cousin of mine died from a heart attack at age 40 in part because of an accidental addiction to something a doctor prescribed years earlier.

5.) Must take care of their body and personal appearance (at least) as much as I do...

Don't look disheveled in public. Don't get fat. (Trust me, that causes all kinds of health problems.) When I say 'fat', I don't mean a 'muffin top' or 'love handles', as they are called. On some women, those features can actually be quite attractive.

Also, I don't want someone who's paper-thin like Kate Moss or Keira Knightley. Those kind look sickly  and like they are starving to death. That disturbs me.

6.) Sense of bloody (and sardonic) humor!

The world is filled with a lot of twisted and scary things... and people. I make jokes about it all as a means of keeping sane. There aren't many 'sacred cows' I won't try to carve up into steaks.

That being said, I don't care for racial jokes or jokes about serious diseases like Cancer. Everything else though, should be fair game. As long as you don't tell off-color jokes in polite company that may not appreciate it (which I admit I have had problems with in the past), we should be fine here.

7.) At least ONE common interest...

The more we have though, the better. This might be problematic for some women because of how many of my interests and hobbies are either very masculine or very technical. Hot nerd chicks would probably be quite comfortable with my love of Sci-Fi, Rock music, computers and/or video games. I doubt I'll find a woman that loves cars as much as I do, though. That's too much to hope, even if it would be awesome.

----

There you have it, the standards in a nutshell.

Notice how it doesn't mention much about looks? A now former friend accused me of being shallow (and lots of other nasty things) after reading that last post. You can settle for whatever you think you can get if you want, guy. I won't. I've known many people who have done that and every single one of them ended up regretting their choices.

You see, not only do I learn from my own many mistakes, I tend to learn from other people's mistakes too. That is what gives me the edge in life, despite whatever disabilities Asperger's Disorder may cause.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment