Saturday, September 28, 2013

About that Record Store idea of mine...

For those who don't remember, I came up with an idea for a Record Store I'd like to run some day back on September 14th. 2 days later, I came up with a list of names.

Now, I finally found the location for the store that I would ideally want:

8030 W Metairie Ave

Metairie, LA 70003-6344

Why that spot? Because I know it would make a good spot for entertainment-related retail from personal experience. It was once a video rental store under several brand names, including Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and maybe a few others. My family went there pretty often when I was a child. Now, it's one of over TWENTY locations for the Dollar General corporation in the Greater New Orleans area. So, the chances of me getting that place are probably not great... unless Dollar General decides that location isn't profitable and decides to sell. Oh, well...

It's too bad, too. That spot is also right next to a strip mall with lots of parking, in addition to it's own parking lot. It's also right next to a good restaurant that I like, the Come Back Inn. That place makes excellent Po-Boy sandwiches.

There are bound to be plenty of other potential locations in the town. I just liked that place because of the parking, easy access to a (sometimes) major vein traffic and pretty close to the several houses in NOLA that I would call home.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment