Sunday, December 8, 2013

Random Thoughts - 8 Dec 2013

1.) It's official. Jennifer Lawrence is being added to that list of Hollywood movie stars that I want to sleep with and that I wouldn't mind impregnating/marrying/whatever. She's just so sweet and innocent-looking... I just want to help her bring out her inner bad girl. ;)

2.) Also, I have been observing Jennifer's 'unusual' behavior. A part of me is wondering if she might be somewhere on the Spectrum too. That certainly would make her even more seemingly perfect... Those baby blue eyes of hers are lovely too. [/Swoon]

3.) The 'Redheads I don't want to screw' post was quite the attention-getter. Sooner or later, it will get a sequel... Or two...

4.) It has been snowing all day today from 0800 to 1400 hours. There's anywhere from 6 to 16 inches of snow on the ground, depending on where you take your measurements. Not that it matters because I'm not driving into work tomorrow. I may not even leave post all day.

5.) Posted a shitload of PanterA videos to my FB music group today, as tribute to Dimebag Darrell. On this day in 2004, he was shot by some asshole the Marines should have sent to the nuthouse instead of simply giving him a psych discharge. All the more reason why I'm glad I'm leaving the Army soon. As much as it horrifies me to say it, the DoD is just as inept as ANY other government agency.

6.) Some guy in England is saying his country could have catastrophic winters for the next 30 years. It's often difficult to predict the weather for the next week and you expect me to believe that you can predict the weather for the next 30 years? Did you eat an extra big bowl of Stupid this morning?

7.) Read some editorial from the local newspaper back home in NOLA today about Medicaid expansion and how the Governor refuses to take Federal money. It featured a LOT of BULLSHIT lines but, this one got my attention: "The most important reason to expand Medicaid, of course, is that it is the best way to provide health care coverage to poor Louisianians who are uninsured."

*smh*

No, Dumbass. The best way to help poor Louisiana residents is to get them gainfully employed and making enough money to support themselves. No social problem was ever solved by the Government. All they do is create and/or exacerbate them.

8.) Kanye West is a fuckin' Dumbass. Why? Because, despite his opinions, Rap is NOT the new Rock'N'Roll. I have spoken!

9.) Also, isn't it ironic that a guy who talks/raps about NOT wanting to waste time on gold-diggers both knocked up and is planning to marry Kim Kardashian? Yeah... Like I said, DUMBASS.

10.) The writers for the next Star Trek movie have recently been announced. All I can say to them is DON'T fuck this up, Gentlemen. A lot of Trekkies around the world are depending on you to write a good flick. Also, this is the one that will be released for the 50th Anniversary in 2016 so, it's quite imperative that you NOT mess this one up, okay?!

11.) I tried to special order an album from Epica called 'Requiem for the Indifferent' (and the new Boston album) from the local record store yesterday but, neither were available on vinyl. WTF? The Boston album won't be available on vinyl until December 24th of all days but, that's too far into the future for me to make the order.  Also, I will eventually get the CD's from Amazon. Online is always going to be cheaper than brick-and-mortar stores on those kind of things.

Anyway, here's the video of my favorite song from that Epica album I tried to get...



12.) Yes, I know that Amazon sells LP's too. I have ordered a few from them years ago. The results were mixed. Some of the albums arrived fine and some of them arrived warped and unplayable, forcing me to return them. Not cool.

13.) Hmmm... Looks like Simone Simons (the gorgeous Redhead female lead singer in Epica) has a website/blog... Could be interesting...

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment