Monday, November 25, 2013

The Sandy Hook shooter's favorite games...

Wondering what 'violent' video game set off the Sandy Hook shooter? Would you believe that his favorite game appears to have been Dance Dance Revolution? SURPRISE!!! Not what you might have expected since school shootings are usually blamed on first-person shooters like Doom. Looks like video games are NOT what set him off. Now, can we PLEASE stop blaming Asperger's Syndrome and video games?

As for why he went apeshit on those poor little kids... Well, I can tell you EXACTLY what set him off: He was socially marginalized from a young age because of his lack of social skills and grew to hate the rest of Humanity.

Being tormented by his peers turned him into a violent sociopath just waiting for the right time to strike. After all, why should you give a shit about Human life if it seems that virtually every Human on Earth despises you? If you're constantly bombarded with ridicule, hatred and prejudice, you will sooner or later be filled with a murderous hatred for the rest of the species.

How do I know that is what happened? Because it VERY easily could have happened with me. The only reasons that I can think of about why it didn't happen is because...

1.) I have a strong sense of morality which forbids me from unnecessarily murdering and/or physically tormenting a lesser species. (I used to view NT's as being beneath me most of the time. I did NOT like other people back in the day.)

2.) I had a few people reach out to me and show me that not all Humans were utterly contemptible. (Thank you very much, Primo Amore.) Sometimes, all it takes to change someone's life for the better is to show them a little compassion. Other than his Mother (whom he killed so he could steal her legally purchased firearms), I doubt Adam Lanza ever got much of that from anyone.

And just to add an extra bit of WTF?! to this sad story, the investigators also found a receipt for a handgun that Lanza's mother bought for him as a Christmas present. Sometimes, you just never know what kind of evil resides in a person's heart.

I know that people are looking for some kind of Folk Devil to blame for this Moral Panic. That's Human Nature. We all want to know why horrible things happen to good people. Sometimes though, there really isn't any kind of satisfying answer. Video Games didn't warp his mind. His mother taking him to the gun range didn't turn him into a maniac. He was just a pissed off little punk with no regard for Human life or anyone else's feelings. And this happened because virtually no one ever had any regard for his feelings. One should not be surprised if the person you treat as a monster ends up becoming one.

To me at least, it seems that society made him a child-murdering monster by excluding/unfairly marginalizing him. I just hope that society learns from this mistake and doesn't let it happen again. I don't enjoy hearing about schoolchildren being murdered and then having my neurological condition get blamed. The only way that Aspies become violent is if we're pushed.

- Lord Publius

Links of Interest:

Report of the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury on the Shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School and 36 Yogananda Street, Newtown, Connecticut on December 14, 2012

http://www.ct.gov/csao/lib/csao/Sandy_Hook_Final_Report.pdf

My opinion on the matter expressed in a YouTube rant shortly after the shootings... (Contains explicit language)

http://youtu.be/xDyb_9WD-To

No comments:

Post a Comment