Monday, September 15, 2014

15 things I'm grateful for...

One of the good NCO's from my time in the Army decided to mention me in one of those silly Facebook trends, challenging me to name 3 things I'm grateful for over the next 5 days.

I'm not going to have time for that so, I'll put all 15 reasons I can think of here instead.

1.) I'm grateful that no one seems to get annoyed with me putting a lot of lists in this blog.

2.) I'm grateful that I'm no longer working for the Federal Government in any capacity.


I've already explained why at great length here.

3.) I'm glad that my only potentially serious health problem that is any real worry is being a little overweight.

Of course, it was the Army that told me I was overweight. I'd like to see what a Doctor not working for the government would say. Some people are naturally going to be more stocky than others. Looking at the folks on my mother's side of the family, I can easily believe that there's a 'fat gene' at work there. (Sorry I couldn't think of anything other than the term 'fat gene'.)

4.) I'm glad that my feet don't hurt.

Anyone who served with me in C Co. 551st SIG BN @ Fort Gordon will get the reference... And have a good laugh...

5.) I'm glad that I now have a good job that actually pays well.

6.) I'm glad that job will actually allow me to help people, which the Army did not.

7.) I'm glad I don't have any kids to feed right now, mostly because I can't afford it yet and I prefer to be married before having kids.

8.) I'm glad that I don't drive an import.


9.) I'm glad that I got to spend some time with at least a few of my friends after coming home from the Army in late April.

Too bad that I didn't get to see more of them but, that's how it is when you join the Service. You're off in a tax dollar-funded bizarro world and their lives move on without you. At least they didn't forget about me...

10.) I'm grateful that I own land.

11.) I'm insanely happy about the prospect of getting to wipe out my remaining student loans sometime in the next few months.

12.) I'm grateful for some peace and quiet.

13.) I'm deliriously happy that I will never have to do another stupid PT test or go running again.

Running never kept me in shape and that PT test doesn't do a good job of accurately measuring physical abilities anyway.

14.) I'm glad that Social Media exists.

Without it, I wouldn't be able to stay in touch with all of my myriad family and friends across the world.

15.) I am thankful for Redheads and the love (not to mention considerable amounts of lust) they tend to inspire in me.

And despite popular belief, they do have souls.

*BONUS TALKING POINT*

16.) I'm also happy that I was born with Asperger's Syndrome too.

Despite whatever supposed drawbacks it has, the advantages are so worth the hassle. It's awesome being a naturally-born Mad Scientist who derives all the secrets of Space and Time for my own amusement. It's like I'm The Doctor without a TARDIS!!! Besides, you Neuro-Typicals wouldn't know how to create and maintain civilization without us working behind the scenes all these millennia. Who do you really think developed the concepts of language, law, mathematics, science, engineering and agriculture?

I will not be following the social convention in this particular trend/online game/whatever (as if you'd even expect me to consider that idea) and challenge anyone else to follow suit.

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment