Saturday, August 15, 2020

The most awkward moment I witnessed in a school classroom?

Oh, the strange things I come across on YouTube...

Watch the video first. Then, I will tell my story...



Interesting that this video should bring up Columbine @ time index 1:00. The day after it happened, some kid that looked like he was stoned (VERY common in my high school) came up to me in the courtyard during lunch and said 'Hey man, are you gonna do what they did in Colorado?' The previous day, 20 Apr 1999, I decided to skip watching the news. I had no idea what he was talking about at all. I simply said no and he walked away.

I decided to watch the news that night and found out what happened. My first thought? 'Oh, fuck me... Everyone in the school is gonna freak out and start chasing me with torches and pitchforks like Frankenstein's Monster.'  You see, I wasn't just one of the weird kids. I was their VERY loud, outspoken and opinionated Living God Emperor. I went to school virtually everyday looking like Arnold in Terminator 2. People would actually be shocked when I'd wear blue jeans one day instead of black ones. So, naturally, all the Normies were gonna shit themselves thinking I'd be the Louisiana equivalent to the Trenchcoat Mafia. However, that didn't happen.

The next day, the school had a disciplinarian and the school police officer (both of whom I was friendly with) search my locker for anything dangerous, et al. They didn't find shit because there wasn't shit to find. This pissed off my father pretty bad and he threatened the school with a lawsuit. The school was MUCH more careful with how they handled this matter after that...

When I was let go, I found the class I was supposed to be in for that period. (They were in a different room that day. I don't remember why.) While walking down the hall to this room, I could hear them all talking very loudly... And when I walked in through the classroom door, DEAD SILENCE. And every pair of eyes were on me. And every face looked confused, shocked and a little scared all at once.

Me though, I didn't give a shit. I just used it as an opportunity to fuck with them and employed my trademark sarcastic humor. While they're looking at me slack-jawed I just said out loud in an observational kind of tone 'Well, looks like I've been the topic of conversation...' as I walked to an empty desk and sat down.

Most of the kids in this class were all friendly with me and they tried to assure me that they weren't just gossiping, which I knew was bullshit. However, I didn't care. That was just the start of my new status as the school's King of the Anti-Establishment/potential school shooter in the minds of the idiots. (i.e. All other students that I was not friendly with or didn't know.) I happily used that reputation to my advantage for the rest of my time there. Combine that with how I was friendly with all the faculty/staff and I practically got away with everything and anything I wanted. Kek!

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment