Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Genius strikes again...

Ever hear the expression that 'Necessity is the mother of all invention' before? Well, that's not entirely true. Sometimes, Imagination helps you to figure out things and come up with new (possibly insane) ideas too.

This past weekend, I got an idea for the ultimate 'nerd command center', made possible by HDMI, composite and various other forms of cables. One day, after I have returned to NOLA and am living in my own place, I will put it all together. This happened after a neighbor complained about the radio being too loud when he should be thanking me for exposing him to good 1970's era Hard Rock.

Anyway, I wondered why he never complains about the computer's speakers being too loud when I'm watching music videos on YouTube. Then, it occurred to me: The stereo is probably MUCH louder since it's a Bose Wave radio and has much better range. Then, I started imagining what it would be like if I connected that thing to my desktop. It's easily done with the same simple cable that's used to connect the iPod dock to the auxiliary port. It sure would make for some awesome sound in a computer game...

Just imagine, The stereo, TV, computer and as many game consoles as possible all combined into one massive entertainment center. It's all possible with HDMI, Composite cables and a few A/V switchboxes to add the extra ports that are needed. I could even build a custom switchbox if I wanted. It will be GLORIOUS!!!

Also, I already know the concept can work because I have done this with the stereo components by themselves (via the turntable and tape deck being plugged into a A/V Switchbox which then outputs the signal to the Bose Wave radio's aux port with a Stereo Y-Cable) and numerous game consoles plugged into the same TV at once. This new nerd command center is just the next logical step since my desktop has that HDMI Output on the video card...

My future man cave is going to be so freakin' awesome...

\m/O_O\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment