Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Why I have no value for Crypto...

I'll put this in the Listicle format so it can be absorbed quickly by all of my readers. I will not be getting into any kind of technical details.

- As of this writing, most crypto currencies are virtually worthless and will probably remain so for the foreseeable future. The value has also plummeted during calendar year 2022. The Minds token (which is linked to Ethereum) was valued at about $3.36 per token in December 2021. As of 30 Aug 2022, the value has plummeted to about 15 cents. I mention the Minds token specifically because it's the only crypto I have. I get some of it everyday for my contributions to the website Minds.com, a Facebook alternative that values and protects free speech.

And I'm always disappointed...

- You can't use it to buy life's necessities like groceries or gasoline. It's also extremely unlikely to ever become legal tender here in the United States. That makes it worthless to regular people. The nerds can sing its praises until they go hoarse, it's still just high-tech virtual barter with a form of goods that has no physical form. Your Average Joe is never going to accept that as money or any other store of value.

Yes, crypto proponents really are this creepy and weird.

- Despite my years of IT experience and Bachelor's degree in video game design, I still don't understand how I am supposed to put my tokens on the Ethereum blockchain. Not that it's worth dong right now anyway... If you want people to use crypto as an alternative form of currency, it needs to become painfully easy to use. Otherwise, it is worthless to the general public.

That guy is not going to get a 2nd date...

- Speaking of the Blockchain, I don't like how everyone in the world knows that I own this particular currency. One of the best things about cash is that it's totally anonymous. That's how I prefer my currency to stay. No one else needs to know how I'm spending my money or how much I have. There does not need to be a record of me using some money to buy lunch on some random day. That is exceptionally bureaucratic, Orwellian and weird.

For people who always complain about the Feds spying on their social media,
they don't seem to mind their name being all over this 'digital currency'. Weird...

- The value of Crypto may have been artificially deflated. The investment firm BlackRock told everyone for years to NOT invest in Crypto. Now, BlackRock is buying as much Bitcoin as they can. Rather suspicious when examined only on surface level. Whatever the case may be, that really doesn't look good. It doesn't make me want to do business with BlackRock, either. The more I learn about that company, the more they look like the financiers of every Evil-doer and Super Villain in the world today.

True freakin' story...

- Anyone who is talented at both Math and Computer Programming can create their own crypto-currency. So, there's likely to be new one cropping up all the time. The market will get flooded with new product, consumers will get confused about which to buy/use and the market will crash even harder.

Like I said, ANYONE with Math & computer programming skills can make their own crypto...

- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment