Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Good and Bad of 2018: A short year-in-review post

I'll just make this one short and sweet. That way, it won't take you long to go through this particular post. However, I can't make that promise with some of the other posts of mine that are hyperlinked throughout this piece.There will also be various different memes, just because I feel like being a smart ass. Enjoy!

SCHOOL

GOOD

- The first semester of college (January-May 2018) went really well.

- I switched majors to business administration in this recently completed semester so I can learn to run my own business. I should have done this a long time ago. Working for other people just isn't for me. Sometimes, neither is working with them. God willing, I will never have to depend on staying in an employer's good grace for my paychecks ever again after graduation.



Like those French classes I had to take because of a State requirement...
BAD

- I actually had to switch majors. Computer Science, as its done at UNO at least, was not to my liking or going to lead to the employment/future that I want. I refuse to ever sit in another fucking cubicle ever again! That is nothing but modern economic slavery! Besides, I'm going to be 40 years old when I graduate in 2022. 40 is a bit old to be starting out as a rookie in yet another new career field. Especially if all my co-workers are going to be young 20-somethings with ZERO clue about how the real world operates.

My opinion of smart-ass college kids is NOT high.
Fortunately, UNO's student body seems to be pretty well-adjusted.


- This second semester (August-December 2018) was a real shitshow compared to the first. Besides switching majors, I made the decision to leave the fraternity chapter that I helped found in the first semester. I could list a LOT of reasons to leave, but I won't bother. The reason I left that organization is the same reason I left several others in the past: Bad leadership. Specifically, the leadership on the national level. They made a few decisions that I found incredibly disagreeable and that, from my perspective, also makes them look hypocritical. I will not be knowingly associated with any form of hypocrisy. Like Jeshua, I find hypocrisy to be one of the absolute worst things about this fallen world. There was also a lot of poor decisions made by some of the local leadership that contributed to this decision. However, those are just the rancid cherries on top of the proverbial shit sundae that I refuse to eat. Based on my experiences with them, I'd have to conclude that Fraternities are not worth a damn.

GAMING

BAD

I have not been gaming as much as I'd like... Either too tired or too busy because of school and adult obligations. :/

We all know this sad story...

GOOD

My game collecting hobby hit a LOT of pay-dirt in 2018. Some of the highlights definitely have to be getting those much-needed PC upgrades, an arcade cabinet and a working Colecovision. Talk about having extremely good luck...

I have a pretty good laugh at idiots like this one...
CARS 

BAD

I lost my old 2001 Chevy S-10 pick-up truck, which was a near and dear friend to me. How, you ask? It happened because someone couldn't be bothered to watch the damned road. Damned Louisiana drivers... So much for me restoring that truck someday and turning it into a family heirloom, like I planned. :/ 

My old truck, circa 2011.
GOOD

Bought a new (to me) car in the form of a 2016 Chevy Impala LTZ Limited. This vehicle is FAR superior to every other I have had so far, with regard to technology, luxuries, performance and gas mileage. I have no idea if this vehicle will end up being a family heirloom or not.


Easily the best all-around vehicle I have had to date.
SOCIAL MEDIA

BAD

Thanks to their censorious ways, I had no choice but to abandon Facebook. That could mean that I'll lose my only form of communication with a lot of near and dear old friends that no longer live in my area. Thanks a lot, ZuckerSperg. I look forward to when the Feds throw the proverbial book at you! 

This Cocksmoker is a disgrace to Aspies EVERYWHERE.

GOOD

I found an alternative to Facebook that I find far superior, called Minds.com. I strongly recommend that you all go there and set up accounts ASAP. You'll like NOT being censored or having to give them any kind of personal data beyond an e-mail address for registration. I promise.
The one time when welcoming Refugees is actually a GOOD idea... :P

And a few more memes about Minds, just because I can...




- Lord Publius

No comments:

Post a Comment